Monday, December 13, 2010

Pennies, pennies everywhere

For the last few years, I have, out of habit, been keeping pre-1983 pennies aside, since they are made of more copper than their zinc progeny. After reading an article about an easy way to go through circulation coins to find hidden gems, I decided I was going to do it for myself.

The idea is to take $20 to the bank and purchase 2,000 pennies. Wouldn’t that be fun to go through. Who knows how many wheaties I might come across, or how many hundreds of copper cents would show up. Sadly, none of the banks closest to home could accommodate my request, since I am not an account holder. My first thought was ‘booooo’.

I’m not entirely sure how preventing a citizen from obtaining 40 rolls of pennies is in the interest of Homeland Security, but whatever. Hopefully my friend has an account at one of the banks so they can finally accommodate my need to sort through piles of coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment